Wednesday, November 12, 2014

An Announcement to Make

It's been a long time, and I regret that. Blah blah blah excuses excuses. I've made that post a couple times before already.

I made this pitch a few months ago to my old team at Warriors of the Blue Phoenix (of which I am still technically a part, and though you may not hear a lot from me, I do still play on occasion) and they were really supportive of it. Basically, the ultimate reason why I never stuck with a consistent schedule for this column is because of Shadow Era itself. Not that I have a problem with the game, there are some things I might have done differently but I'd say overall the current team is doing a fine job. The problem is that they aren't doing it fast enough.

As many of you know, I come from a Magic: The Gathering background, a game with a multitude of formats, new major events every weekend and a fresh batch of cards rolling in every three months with the month leading up to release entirely devoted to speculation and spoiler season. Essentially, there's always something to talk about. Shadow Era was difficult because there's not a whole lot going on and the game isn't exactly a cash cow.

Basically, what I want to do is branch out. Rather than dedicate myself to Shadow Era, I want to be able to talk about whatever I happen to be playing at the time whether that be Shadow Era, Magic, Pokémon, Yu-Gi-Oh, Hearthstone, Solforge, Spectromancer, Carte, Hex, Adventure Time: Card Wars, or whatever other shenanigans I may get up to. What that means for you, my dear readers, is that you'll get consistently new content with a sense of enthusiasm that may rarely have been present before, if ever. However, if all you want to hear about is Shadow Era, you may be disappointed.

If you're willing to bear with me, all posts on The Boweh will be liberally tagged, and when I start writing again I'll put up a special tab where you can access all posts only for a specific game such as Shadow Era, Magic or Hearthstone. If you only want to see content on the things you play, or if you want to look into maybe trying something new, I want to make that as painless as possible.

Now, none of this change will come quickly. College and other projects are keeping me busy as always, but I will say that you can expect new content up by the end of the year. I'll probably start with some Shadow Era gameplay for old time's sake before moving into other titles. However, I should warn you that I am technically ex-Wulven, so any time estimate I give you is worth about as much as a Campfire Stories. It's more accurate to say that I hope to be back doing my thing by 2015.

If you want to stay posted on when new articles will be available on The Boweh, the easiest way is to follow me on twitter (@MistahBoweh) if you haven't already. Did you know the more people follow me, the more likely it is one of them gets a cookie? Now that's science!

Until then, keep turning dudes sideways for great value.

Boweh out.

No comments:

Post a Comment